Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm Outta Here

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week to visit my sister Laura in Ohio, so I thought I'd share a few of the things I've done before I go.  I made a Harry Potter apron for my sister-in-law Amanda's birthday.  If you don't already know, Amanda really loves HP.  So she had an HP themed birthday party and we played HP Scene It, drank Butter Beer, and got sorted into houses.  You know the usual things you do at a 28 year-olds birthday party.  Anyway I think she likes the apron.  Super cute, right?



I also made a Valentines yarn wreath - Don't act surprised, you knew I was going to.  I decided for V-day I needed to make it super frou-frou and I fell in love with the pink and white swirl yarn - makes me think of candy.

















But mostly I'm excited for my little vacation.  I'm going sans-husband and am really looking forward to some girl time with my sis and her 5 girls.  Hurrah! But before I go I have to leave you with this little nugget.  As you know my brother Mike has been living with us for the last few months, and last night upon realizing that I was leaving today without Mark, he said, "Mark, I have two word for you: Risky Business."  (And now you know why I need some girl time.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looove the wreathe and the apron! so cute!!! have lots of fun with the girls!!!!!

Unknown said...

cute apron and love the valentine's wreath-you're such a creative gal!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is the best apron of all time!

Nancy@owensolivia said...

You're killing me smalls! Another yarn wreath!! I'm so happy you love making them! You should sell some on your Etsy shop! People charge like 40 bucks for those things!

xo
n